Tuesday 27 May 2008

Mel B - Brown Denies Spice Girls Mandela Reunion

LATEST: MELANIE BROWN has dismissed rumours the SPICE GIRLS are to reunite one final time to perform for former South African President NELSON MANDELA.

The girl band concluded their comeback tour earlier this year (08) but were reported to be planning a last gig at Mandela's 90th birthday celebration concert in London's Hyde Park in June (08).

Sporty Spice Melanie Chisholm fuelled speculation recently by remarking, "We're great friends of Mr. Mandela and we would love to perform for him again."

But now Brown has put an end to the rumours, insisting the band have no plans to appear at the event.

She says, "I don't think we are. I did hear about that and we're all big fans of Nelson Mandela but I don't think we're going to be doing that.

"I know we all have a lot of stuff going on. I know that I'm here (in Los Angeles) working probably until the end of the year. But I know I don't have a break. But he's a great guy. I can't believe he's 90."

The Wannabe hitmakers met Mandela during a visit to Johannesburg in 1997, when he famously referred to them as his "heroes".




See Also